Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Carpe Diem 1149 Imagine Fuji Yama


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I haven't a lot of time at the moment so I have taken the easy way this time. I love to challenge you with a wonderful image for your inspiration. So you can say this is a Carpe Diem Imagination episode.

I have found a beautiful photo of Fuji Yama, the Holy Mountain of Japan and I hope it can inspire you to create haiku or tanka.

Fuji Yama (photo © Vacationio.com)
To help you a little bit I have a few haiku by Issa and Basho:

little snail
inch by inch, climb
Mount Fuji!

a Mt. Fuji viewing spot
for barley harvesters -
nettle tree

© Issa

is one ridge
clouded with winter showers?
Fuji in snow

especially when
it comes into view -
Fuji in Fifth Month

© Basho

And of course I had to create one myself, so here it is ...

reflections
the snow capped peek
dives into the lake


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... this episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until February 13th at noon (CET). Have fun!


2 comments: