Friday, August 1, 2014

Carpe Diem #530, Mist


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy it was to read your responses on the first Gibran-episode of CDHK and that makes be happy and it gives me the strenght to go on and create our new episode based on Gibran's words as written in "Sand and Foam'.

Cover Sand & Foam by Kahlil Gibran (1926)

Khalil (there are different ways to write his name) Gibran (January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931) was a Lebanese artist, poet, and writer born in the town of Bsharri in the north of modern-day Lebanon (then part of Mount Lebanon Mutasarrifate, Ottoman Empire), as a young man he immigrated with his family to the United States, where he studied art and began his literary career, writing in both English and Arabic. In the Arab world, Gibran is regarded as a literary and political rebel. His romantic style was at the heart of a renaissance in modern Arabic literature, especially prose poetry, breaking away from the classical school. In Lebanon, he is still celebrated as a literary hero.

Today I love to share a 'story' which brought a Bible-verse into my mind ... I think it's in the Book of Isaiah [...] I have engraved you on the palms of my hands [...]. And here is the 'story' (parable) written by Gibran:

[ ...] Once I filled my hand with mist. Then I opened it, and look, the mist was a worm. And I closed and opened my hand again, and behold there was a bird. And again I closed and opened my hand, and in its hollow stood a man with a sad face turned upward. And again I closed my hand, and when I opened it, there was nothing but mist. But I heard a song of exceeding sweetness.[...]

That last line "But I heard a song of exceeding sweetness", brought the verse from Isaiah into my mind. The Father, our Creator, is holding us in His Hand to protect and cherish us with unconditional love. That was my thought immediately after reading Gibran's words ... his words touched me deep and I hope it does the same to you ...

Credits: Nightingale (Dutch website)

nightingale's song
resonates through the summer night
peace of heart


© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I hope you did like this post and I hope it will inspire you to write new haiku and share them with us all ... your haiku-family-members ... at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until August 4th at noon (CET). I will try to post our new episode, sweetness, later on ... for now ... have fun!

3 comments:

  1. lovely words that ring in my heart. Thanks for the song...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post, and very soft, caring haiku. This looks to be a very interesting month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haiku, and I enjoyed the prompt very much!

    ReplyDelete