Friday, April 25, 2014

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge #32,


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Another week has gone and I have read wonderful continuations on our last Tan Renga Challenge in which you had to use a haiku written by myself.
Thank God It's Friday again and next to our new Tan Renga Squared Challenge I will share another (regular) Tan Renga Challenge with you all. As I was reading your submitted haiku for our yesterday's post, crane, I ran into a wonderful haiku by Bjorn of Bjorn Rudbergs Writings which I had to share and use for a Tan Renga Challenge. Bjorn? I hope you don't mind that I use your haiku for this (regular) Tan Renga Challenge?

The goal is to write a second stanza (7-7, not an obligation) towards the haiku given. So here is the haiku by Bjorn to 'play' with and transform into a Tan Renga.

silver wisps of mist
gently swirl with dancing cranes -
melt in rising sun
                             (Bjorn Rudberg)

He shared a wonderful photo too in his post on crane which I will share here also.

Dancing Cranes
Really it is an awesome sight to see how Cranes are courting and dancing ... they look almost like humans ... how far are we away from nature?

Here is my attempt to transform the haiku by Bjorn into a Tan Renga:

silver wisps of mist
gently swirl with dancing cranes -
melt in rising sun
                             (Bjorn Rudberg)

whirling Dervishes ecstatic
becoming one with the Cosmos
      (Chèvrefeuille

Whirling Dervishes
What a wonderful dance they perform the Cranes and the Dervishes. Awesome!

This episode of our (regular) Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 2nd 11.59 AM (CET). Have fun!


1 comment:

  1. Of course you are always allowed to use my haiku for a tan-renga

    ReplyDelete