Saturday, March 29, 2014

Carpe Diem Extra #4-2014



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

A few days ago I got an email of Soundcloud.com, a website were they give young and alternative composers the chance to share their music.
Naviar Haikuproject is one of the groups there. I am a member of that group and have granted them permission to use haiku written by me for the inspiration of those composers.
One of my haiku:

deep silence
in this ancient Buddhist temple
chanting monks

(c) Chèvrefeuille

Has inspired Raelx2013, one of the composers, to write a wonderful, spiritual and meditative piece of music. I love to share that piece of music here:





I like this piece of music a lot and I hope you like it too. I am honored that Raelx2013 has composed this inspired on my haiku.

Than I have another great thing to share with you. Last year I submitted two haiku to the haiku-contest of the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival. One of my haiku has gotten a honorable mention. I am happy and feel lucky that my haiku has gotten that honorable mention.

The haiku which got that honorable mention is the following:

finally spring
the old Sakura in the backyard
in full bloom


(c) Chèvrefeuille (2013)

The old Sakura in my backyard
Well ... I have a lot to be gratefull for and I feel humble that I got this recognition. It makes feel great and I am so happy that my haiku are cherished by a lot of people. What did I do to deserve all this?

Have a happy weekend,

Namaste


6 comments:

  1. Your answer is in your question. It is what you did. That your very nice haiku was awarded by a high level panel gives us all light. And both are fully deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful ~ congratulations to you ~ You deserve to have your haiku honored and you love both music and haiku ~ xoxo
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I cannot listen to the piece. As my husband avoids 'computer cookies'. And that seems to be a requirement in order to listen.

    Most often I find that ordinary people are quite extra ordinary. May your words reach continue to reach many. Namaste.

    I too am hoping that white blossoming ornamental cherry tree - in my yard - that was knocked down from a storm this winter (with it's roots still deep) will attempt life this spring. The rain today should help :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would have helped if I pressed...play. The birds notes are sweet unlike the raven's caw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete