Friday, July 26, 2013

Carpe Diem's Kamishibai #3


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's a little while ago that I introduced to you our Carpe Diem's Kamishibai, or in other words, Carpe Diem's Storyteller, because that's what Kamishibai do. As you can see in this logo of this feature it's someone who tells stories and uses picture to tell the stories. So that's what the goal is of this Carpe Diem's Kamishibai to write a haibun inspired on a given photo or as in this episode a haiku by Jane Reichhold and a photo:


smooth sand
chasing children down the beach
their foot prints


(c) Jane Reichhold

Credits: footprints on the beach

This episode I love to challenge you all to write a haibun inspired on the haiku by Jane and/or the photo of the footprints with a maximum of 200 words including the haiku which belongs to the haibun.

I think you all can do this, but it's not an easy challenge I think, but ... well make it happen and have fun with writing. Just enjoy the challenge, feel free ...

This Kamishibai-episode will stay on 'til August 15th 11.59 AM (CET). Have fun, be inspired and share your haibun with Carpe Diem.



3 comments:

  1. This is a great challenge, Kristjaan! I loved thinking about it and writing it. I am new to haibun, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting prompt! I have just added my link.. :-)
    Hope you are having a good time, Kristjaan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was an experience ! My first haibun. It seemed daunting...
    word count and all. It was an exciting challenge once I got started.
    I realized that all I had to do was decide the photo or the haiku as
    the prompt, and it would come...and it did.
    Thanks for the challenge.
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete